As a tourist, whether a foreigner or a Lebanese living abroad, you are entitled to claim back the VAT on your purchases when you bring the items back home, provided that your stay in Lebanon does not exceed
3 months and that your minimum spending amount per shop and per day (VAT included) is no less than 150,000 LBP. Your refund amount is the VAT minus an administration fee.
Therefore, while shopping at ABC you can make your trip even more rewarding by saving. ABC offers Tax Free Shopping services at :
• ABC Dbayeh: at Customer Service Desk at L1
• ABC Achrafieh: at Customer Service Desk in the Department Store at L2 and at Customer Service Information Desks in the Mall at L0 and L2
• ABC Verdun: at Customer Service Desk in the Department Store at L2 and at the Customer Service in the Mall at GF and L2.
For Tourists Tax Free Shopping, call us on 961 1 216821 and follow these 3 simple steps for easy refund:
Shop wherever you see the Global Refund Tax Free Shopping logo.
Simply ask for your refund cheque and the shop receipt/ invoice.
• Show you purchases, receipts/ invoices and passport to customs officials at the border.
• Have your global refund cheque stamped.
• if you are exiting Lebanon through the Masnaa’, Arida or Abboudieh borders please present in addition to the above, a photocopy of your passport showing arrival & departure dates.
• Collect your refund cash up to 1,500,000 LBP at Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport and 150,000 LBP at Masnaa Land Border.
• You can either do the above or mail back the cheque to global refund for crediting of your credit card or even receive a bank cheque sent to your address within 35 days.